DR Congo ranks 154th out of 180 countries on the press freedoms index compiled by Reporters Without Borders (RSF) and the media watchdog called for the immediate release of the five journalists
The decision is the latest salvo in a bitter battle over sweeping judicial changes introduced by the right-wing Law and Justice (PiS) government since it took office in 2015.
Despite having a visa, Lara Alqasem was not allowed to clear immigration due to a 2017 law barring supporters of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement.
'It hurts living in Argentina, there's a lot of sadness.'
'It's not that Afghans are tired of democracy. They're tired of this kind of pseudo-democracy.'
'Social media is hugely important at every stage of the migration journey'
After being raped at age 14, Shannon Martinez channeled her anger into the world of Neo-nazism.…
DR Congo ranks 154th out of 180 countries on the press freedoms index compiled by Reporters Without…
- US suspends ‘Vigilant Ace’ military exercise with South Korea October 19, 2018 Staff Writer
- Burkina Faso: Djibo gendarmerie severely damaged in overnight attack October 19, 2018 Fergus Kelly
- Italy deports Albanian woman convicted of recruiting for ISIS October 19, 2018 Joanne Stocker
- Afghanistan delays elections in Kandahar after Taliban attack October 19, 2018 Staff Writer
- China and ASEAN members to hold first navy exercises in South China Sea October 19, 2018 Staff Writer
- German-Turkish Singer Faces Up To 13 Years in Prison For ‘Terrorism’ October 19, 2018 Staff Writer
- Turkey Searches Istanbul Forest in Khashoggi Case, Reports Say October 19, 2018 Staff Writer
- Turkey Warns Greece, Tells It ‘Not To Raise Tensions in Region’ October 18, 2018 Staff Writer
- Legendary Turkish-Armenian photographer Ara Guler dies at 90 October 18, 2018 Staff Writer
- Trump Administration Allows Saudi Arabia to Act With Impunity October 17, 2018 Nagapushpa Devendra
- Four Million Californian Adults Without College Degrees [Report] October 14, 2018 Staff Writer
- Brown University Partners with AAU on Sexual Assault Survey October 13, 2018 Staff Writer
- University of Missouri Student Sentenced to 20 Years for Rape October 13, 2018 Staff Writer
- Stanford, MIT, Harvard Top List of World’s Most Innovative Universities October 12, 2018 Staff Writer
Like Our Reporting? Subscribe to Stay Updated